The hotel complex Tourist
The hotel complex "Turist" was built in 1973-1979. on the original project, Omsk the architect L. V. Kiseleva. For the construction of the hotel was chosen scenic location on the banks of the confluence of the rivers om and Irtysh – the area of the city's founder Ivan D. Buchholz, which to this day is the center of business and cultural life of the city of Omsk. Omsk is the administrative center of Omsk oblast, located on the banks of the river om where it flows into the river Irtysh, was founded in 1716 as frontier fortress for protection from nomad raids. The status of a city of Omsk has received in 1782, and since 1934 the city is the administrative center of Omsk region. At present Omsk is one of the largest cities of the West Siberian region of Russia. Omsk is a major transportation hub where air, river, rail and roads. Omsk is an industrial, cultural and scientific center of Western Siberia.